Sunday, April 25, 2010

Betta miniopinna natural habitat

I had the good fortune to visit the natural habitat of B. miniopinna on Bintan Island with my explorer friend. This location is very difficult to find and my friend visited Bintan many times before he finally managed to located it. The forest seemed to me to be popping out of no where. The water level was very low this time when we visited.  
The forest bed was filled with leaves litter with pools of water.
The forest bed was filled with leaves litter with pools of water. I tried my luck and managed to catch 1 male specimen to take photograph. I read somewhere on the Internet that some people felt that B. miniopinna from Bintan and B. persephone from Johore are actually the same species?
I managed to see the aftermath of being bitten by a sandfly at this location too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when I read this article, I tell you that I have to see this place and mecoba mengambill some Betta miniopinna. although rather difficult but there.