Saturday, October 9, 2010

C. sp. 'Sedili 4'

Sedili area in Johor state is a very interesting area with many cryptocoryne habitats. My explorer friend bought me to see a rather unique habitat which was a flooded forest with sandy base.
After bashing into the forest, cryptocorynes could be found growing on the wet bed of the forest. The below photographs speaks for themselves.

These are some close up photographs of the leaves of the specimens I found, while a few specimens had long leaves, many of the specimens had heart shape leaves as can be seen below. The colour of the leaves were greenish in colour with slight tinge of red at the underside (as usual)...
 The pH of the water was about 5.5 to 6.
My usual question, are these C. griffithii, C. cordata or something new? Well, I guess only the expert cultivators of cryptocorynes can help to solve the mystery by blooming them...... I shall term them as C. sp. 'Sedili 4' in the meantime.

No comments: