Friday, July 10, 2009

C. sp. 'Pahang 3'

I had the chance to visit C. sp. 'Pahang river' location with my explorer friend last weekend. My friend has visited this place a few times already but can never find any spathe to confirm the species identification. It is a black water stream with pH between 5 to 5.5.


There was a patch of cryptocoryne growing in emersed condition on the muddy banks. Below are some close up shots of them






Below are how the submersed leaves of specimens found near this patch looked like.


Across the stream, we saw another 2 patches of submersed cryptocorynes too. The cryptocoryne from one of the patch looked similar to those shown above.



However, the other patch of cryptocorynes looked slightly different with rather beautiful markings on the top side and underside of the leaves.



What species could this be? My friend thought that it could be C. cf. zukalii, I hope he will be able to find a flowering specimen soon.

No comments: