I realised that there seemed to be an easy way to treat the plants in one of my problematic cultivation tank which seemed to be infected with algae / spring tails / fungus / woolly aphids / etc.
And the solution is......
I submersed the infected pot of plants into my outdoor metal tub pond filled with platys and guppies and leave them to feast on these unwanted pests. After 3 to 4 weeks, I then remove the cleaned pot from the tub and place them in another cleaner cultivation tank. Below are photographs of 2 of the pots which underwent the above stated treatment and responded well.
I hope that i can improve on my cultivation skills this year so that I can flower many of the cryptocorynes which I collected over the past year, especially those which I had not found any flowers to confirm their identity. Happy new year!