C. fusca was found growing in abundance along the banks of this river. The banks were formed by muddy substrate and the pH of the river was about 5.5.
The below showed some photographs of the emersed and submersed leaves.
As we were rushing for time, I only managed to find an unopened spathe with the limited time my friend gave me to search.
This was one of the unopened spathes we collected. We collected a specimen with fruit attached too.
A collected spathe did opened but only slightly. The spathe melted 4 to 5 days after the slight opening. I was able to take some photographs of the male and female flowers which were still intact after I removed the melted portion of the spathe.
My friend managed to book a ticket to fly to the Natunas Islands tomorrow and will be back by this Saturday. Do remember to visit his blog this weekend to see what he managed to find there!